Thursday, December 19, 2013

Unexpected excellence



5 yrs ago today, I donned my Navy Uniform for the last time. I was leaving behind 10 yrs of job security & camaraderie. I was giving up the privilege of proudly serving our nation and stepping back into the "Real World" and "Civilian Workforce". I didn't have a 5 yr plan. Hell, I didn't really have a plan at all. I had landed a job as a civilian contractor doing the same job and that's all I knew. 

Never would I imagine how drastic my life would change in 5 yrs. I have gained so much more than I could ever dream of: A successful career outside of the toolbox, newfound love & respect for myself, a great passion for fitness, and an amazing group of friends I have met along the way. I'm living the dream of "Wealth, Health, & Love". None of which would be possible without faith and the hunger for wanting more out of life. 

This picture shows you the well-groomed Federal Employee with hopeful eyes, bearing a genuine smile that lights up like a starlit sky. What it doesn't show you was the struggle I went through and how much loss I experienced in the process. It won't always be sunny days, but trust me when I say it was definitely worth the rainy ones. 

You don't always have to know where you are going, as long as you commit to moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment